Thursday, November 29, 2007

I don't drink Tea

You asked "How do I get tea stains out of my white shirts?" For someone who doesn’t drink tea, I buy an awful lot of it, especially now that it’s cold outside. The males in my home are to blame for this, so my own solution to the problem is this: no white shirts! Since I don’t think that will work for you, here’s what you should do: As soon as you notice the stain, soak in cold water for about 30 min, rub a little laundry detergent on to the spot and throw it in the wash. I think Tide w/ bleach takes out everything, just my opinion though. If you’ll be drinking (tea) and driving, you should buy a Tide-To-Go pen, so you can treat your stain ‘on the road’ before it gets a chance to set. For stubborn stains, try this: First rinse with warm water, then pour boiling water over the stain, wash in soapy water. If you want to find out how to take out almost any stain, go to: http://www.chemistry.co.nz/stain_frame.htm or try http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/ and go to the "stain-solver"!


I hope my answer helps, let me know. Got another question? Just Ask Mo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll pass along the info to Dale-he does great laundry...almost as good as he cooks!