Happy New Year! I recently received an email with the subject: Fwd: Thoughts for 2008. I decided it was something I should share. Thank you Mom and Aunt Bev! For anyone still looking for a New Year's resolution, pick up the book Happy for No Reason by Marci Shimoff. Learn how to just be happy, just because...
Subject: Fwd: Thoughts for 2008
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Try everything twice. On Madam's tombstone (of Whelan and Madam) she said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice...loved it both times).
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Remember this if you are one of those grouches).
3. Keep learning: Learn about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.
6 .The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, a foreign country, but NOT to were the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love you love them at every opportunity.
11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.
And if you don't send this to at least 4 people, who cares?
But do share this with someone.